I am incredibly honored to be nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Molly at Love Well, Live Well. Like Molly, I too love sunshine, as many of you know I live in Colorado where it is sunny 300 days a year, even when it is piercing cold it is often clear and sunny, which definitely softened the adjustment period when I moved from the official sunshine state, Florida.
I truly believe (while somewhat hokey) we all can be rays of sunshine, sure I have bad days, days when nothing seems to go my way but I remember that someone, somewhere is having a worse day than me and even the smallest token of kindness is sometimes all it takes to turn someone’s day around, and I choose to try to be kind, to smile at strangers, and help others let their own light shine.
“As we work to create light for others, we naturally light our own way.”
― Mary Anne Radmacher
Ok so back to business, the rules of the nomination are:
- Include the award logo in a post or on the blog
- Include a link to the person who nominated you (thanks again to Molly at Love Well, Live Well)
- Write 10 random things about yourself
- Nominate ten other bloggers who “positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere”, plus let them know you nominated them
Without further ado…
10 random things about me:
- I had humble beginnings, being born at the home of my parents in Empire, Colorado, I was delivered by a doctor that would later be imprisoned for malpractice.
- My all time, hands-down favorite movie is The Goonies.
- I love to express myself through poetry. If you would like to check some of my poems out, visit http://ellicecampbell.wordpress.com/
- I really stink at riding a bicycle. That is one skill I have never mastered!
- I learned to cook because my mom couldn’t (Sorry mom) and so my love affair with food began.
- As a kid my nickname was Mrs. Piggy, needless to say, I hated it.
- My continued allergic reactions to antibiotics is what motivated me to get serious about getting healthy, I know that a serious illness could be dangerous for me since I have become allergic to many common antibiotics.
- I still have to make myself drink water even though I am aware of the health benefits
- The mountains are my favorite place for a good hike and to commune with nature, one of the spots I love the most is St. Mary’s glacier in Colorado
- That being said, I really, really miss the ocean. Especially New Smyrna Beach.
“Whatever you are physically…male or female, strong or weak, ill or healthy–all those things matter less than what your heart contains. If you have the soul of a warrior, you are a warrior. All those other things, they are the glass that contains the lamp, but you are the light inside.”
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel
Here are my nominees for the Sunshine Blogger Award, they have always inspired me, check them out for your own dose of inspiration
- The Better Man Project
- Happy Homeopathy
- Anvil Artifacts
- Farm, Foodie, & Fitness
- Rock N Soul Wellness
- Food For Thought NYC
- Late Bloomer
- My Sister’s Pantry
- Only Here, Only Now
- Breathe Lighter
Thank you to all these great sites that inspire and spread the light, and thanks again to Molly at Love Well, Live Well
BE WELL & Spread the Light!
- Sunshine Blogger Award (lilicasplace.com)
- Sunshine Blogging Award (project-40.com)
- What a wonderful day (Sunshine Award!) (buttonsmashersblog.com)
- Sunshine and Versatile Blogger Awards (theprinceinthetower.wordpress.com)
- Sunshine Blogger Award! (karensoutar.wordpress.com)
- The Sun is Comin’ My Way! The Sunshine Blogger Award (recollectionsofplay.wordpress.com)
- Sunshine blogger awards! (bethsbrilliantbooks.wordpress.com)
- Thank you for the Sunshine and Versatile Blogger Award…. (shivaani8.wordpress.com)
- Sunshine Blogger Award (zefantasy.wordpress.com)
- MY AWARD NEWS – Very Inspiring Blogger Award! (loulou15081978.wordpress.com)