The temperatures are on the rise, FINALLY!
And while I love the oil cleansing method for the long dry Colorado winters when it starts to warm up I need to switch up my beauty routine.
Add more oil to my already sweaty, greasy face?
NO THANK YOU!
Instead, I whip up a batch of my favorite foaming face wash. It’s super simple to make, I hope you like it!
- 50 ml PETE plastic foaming top bottle (PETE plastic is less likely to interact with the essential oils)
- Castile soap, I used peppermint but any of the varieties would work
- Essential oils
- Distilled water (Distilled water is imperative to reduce the growth of bacteria or mold in your homemade products)
- Add Castile soap to the plastic bottle. I like the peppermint because it’s refreshing and energizing when used in face wash.
- Add 5 drops essential oil
- My favorite combination is 3 drops melaleuca oil along with 2 drops lime essential oil
- Alternate oils:
- Acne prone skin: Melalueca, juniper berry, lavender, cedarwood, geranium, sandalwood, thyme*, vetiver, lemon**, lemongrass, marjoram*, patchouli
- Dry/Dehydrated: myrrh, geranium, lavender, Roman chamomile, sandalwood, lemon**
- Dermatitis/Inflammed: Helichrysum, juniper berry, thyme*, geranium, melaleuca, lavender, patchouli, rosemary*
- Oily: Lemon**, cypress, frankincense, geranium, lavender, marjoram*, rosemary*, orange**
- Revitalizing: Cypress, lemon**, fennel*, lime**
- Sensitive: lavender, geranium (Also try unscented Castile soap if skin is sensitive)
- Wrinkles: lavender, fennel*, geranium, frankincense, rose, rosemary*, myrrh, clary sage*, cypress, helichrysum, lemon**, orange**, sandalwood, thyme*, ylang ylang
- *Should be avoided while pregnant
- **May make skin photosensitive, avoid sun exposure
- Fill bottle with distilled water, shake well before each use.
Follow with your favorite toner & moisturizer, I recommend Jojoba oil as an effective, natural moisturizer.
This is one of the simplest recipes, as well as being non-toxic and safe for the whole family. I also love that it can be altered depending on the skins’ needs. While it is super simple to make, I realize making homemade products isn’t for everyone so I am happy to create a unique blend just for YOU! Prices will vary depending on the essential oils used, for more info, send me an email or give me a ring 720.588.0313.
Do you have a favorite beauty recipe you want to share? Leave a comment! We love to hear from our readers!