I heart peppermint bark. For me, it’s a sign of the season right along with “It’s a Wonderful Life” and eggnog. But you know what’s even better than peppermint bark– a homemade peppermint bark recipe. It’s an indulgent gift to yourself and an ideal token of the season to friends and family. If you’re looking for a delicious, thoughtful, inexpensive gift this holiday season, peppermint bark is it.
Homemade Peppermint Bark Recipe
Makes enough to fill a few jars
12 ounces organic semisweet chocolate, chopped (or chocolate chips)
2 1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract, separated
1 pound organic white chocolate, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces (or white chocolate chips)
3 candy canes, crushed
1. Line a 9 by 13 inch baking dish with aluminum foil, shiny side up.
2. Heat 1 inch of water in a medium-sized saucepan until steaming. Place medium-sized bowl over saucepan. Add all of the semisweet chocolate except 3/4 cup. Stir until melted, gradually adding remaining semisweet chocolate.
3. Stir in half of the peppermint extract and then quickly pour evenly in the prepared baking dish.
4. Repeat this step with white chocolate. Heat 1 inch of water in a medium-sized saucepan until steaming. Place medium-sized bowl over saucepan. Add all of the white chocolate except 3/4 cup. Stir until melted, gradually adding remaining white chocolate.
5. Stir in the remaining peppermint extract and quickly pour evenly as a second layer in your prepared baking dish.
6. Sprinkle evenly with crushed candy canes. Let set until firm, about 1 hour. If it’s still not firm, freeze it for a few minutes. And then lift the peppermint bark from the foil and break into bite-sized pieces. It can be stored for up to 2 weeks. Consider giving a mason jar full of peppermint bark with a simple festive bow.
Recipe: Food Network
Related on Organic Authority
The post Homemade Peppermint Bark Recipe: The Perfect DIY Christmas Gift appeared first on Organic Authority.
from OrganicAuthority RSS feed http://ift.tt/1Bh6VWZ