The warm weather is here, everything is in bloom, a beautiful sight, but not if you suffer from hay fever or seasonal allergies. Personally, I always turn to natural remedies before conventional medicines, due to my tendency to have allergic reactions to medications. A useful remedy for allergy sufferers is eating local honey. Honey? Yes, honey, but it has to be local, raw honey. Eating local honey will sensitize you to pollens in the area and remedy your hay fever and its’ symptoms. Add some organic, unfiltered apple cider vinegar and you will help restore balance to your body and reduce the reaction to the allergens.
- 2 Tbsp. Local raw honey
- 2 Tbsp. Organic, Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar (I use Bragg brand)
- warm water
Mix all ingredients together and drink, particularly useful during hay fever season, or when experiencing symptoms.
Caution: Pregnant women should not eat unpasteurized honey and it should only be given sparingly to children. However as long as you buy cold-pressed honey it retains it healing properties, heated honey contains additives and loses its healing properties.
Have you had any success with this remedy? Do you have any questions? Leave a comment, I am here to help.
- Health benefits of Honey – Nature`s Powerful Superfood (deretornoacasa.wordpress.com)
- 6 Natural Allergy Remedies: Economical and Effective (greenster.com)
- You’re Not Imagining It: Allergy Season Is Worse Than Usual (blisstree.com)
- Control Your Diet to Control Your Alleriges (acroan.com)