We welcome and love new contributions from our growing community. Here’s what you need to know:
- Word count: No minimums but posts typically run between 250-800 words.
- Tone: Inclusive, accessible, and generally positive. Take a look around and see what we’ve previously posted.
- Original Content: We ask that posts submitted be unique and original to Enlightened Lotus Wellness. We do not accept posts that have already been published elsewhere online or you plan to distribute on other websites.
- We are not interested in SEO-driven submissions that are not in line with our philosophy: If you work for a content farm or are a freelancer who writes articles for the sole purpose of linking up keywords in an effort to boost SEO, we are not interested. If your submission or bio references or promotes a business or service that is not in line with our philosophy (e.g. a weight-loss gimmick), then we are not interested.
- Acceptance: Since we do not compensate contributors for posts, we’re more than happy to include a byline and your brief bio containing links to your website, Facebook, Twitter accounts, which we will promote when your post goes live.
Guidelines & Tips:
- Only one space after a period when beginning a new sentence.
- If your post contains links, please search Enlightened Lotus Wellness before linking to outside sources. We have a wealth of content that might be just what you’re looking for.
- Personalization is always great.
- Lists and numbered posts with tips typically do well, e.g., “5 Tips for Your First Yoga Class” or “10 Reasons You Need to Meditate.”
- Once your posts go live, please share with your friends via email, your website, Facebook, Twitter, and any other social media you use. The more people who view your post, the better is it for you and the better it is for Enlightened Lotus Wellness.
- We love connecting with new contributors. While we cover an insane amount of ground Enlightened Lotus Wellness consists of just a few people. As such, it is not possible for us to thoughtfully respond and engage with each of you, so unfortunately sometimes we don’t have the opportunity to respond to all submissions. We can assure you, however, that we carefully read every single submission that we receive. If your post has been accepted, we generally respond within 7 days.
Sound good? Please email us the following if you’re ready to submit your post:
- Your full post with a working title. Please send this within the body of an email or in a word document.
- Any relevant images for your post (please send as separate files, not pasted within a doc) with links to original source if you do not own the image rights.
- Your brief bio (less than 120 words) with links to your site, Facebook, Twitter, pages.
- A headshot or photo of you you’d like us to use for you bio.
- All of the above can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please keep in mind that if your post is accepted it might require editing which can include copy, title, and image changes. By submitting to Enlightened Lotus Wellness you acknowledge that you accept any form of editing that might occur on behalf of the Enlightened Lotus Wellness editorial team.