We all understand that diet and exercise is the cornerstone of a healthy lifestyle. But did you know that humans can only achieve proper nutrition by spending time outside? Vitamins and minerals are the building blocks of a healthy body, and many come from the foods we eat. However, there is one essential vitamin that our own bodies make, and we can’t do it without the help of the sun!
That’s right! A sunny day has more to offer human health and wellness than a brightened mood. Rays from the sun boost the immune system, and increase your bodies ability to repair genes. But without exposure to sunlight, the human body cannot manufacture a key component for our health that diet alone cannot supply for us: Vitamin D.
Infographic provided by Carrington’s Medical Billing School
Connect with Enlightened Lotus Wellness
- The Sunshine Vitamin: Get Your Vitamin D (everydayhealth.com)
- Essential Vitamins for Digestive Health (everydayhealth.com)
- Obesity Can Lead to Vitamin D Deficiency. (zedie.wordpress.com)
- A Champion’s Guide to Healthy Breakfast for athletes (dualfit.com)
- Carbohydrate Deficiency And Dehydration (latestlifestyle.wordpress.com)
- Learn the benefits of keeping to a good diet and exercise routine (gretchencoley.com)
- The Problem with Today’s Food (educatewithisagenix.wordpress.com)