Seaweed is a lot more than the slimy, green substance that you feel sliding between your toes when you are wading out in the sea. Today, people look at seaweed in a different way and rightfully so! There are plenty of benefits of eating seaweed when it comes to nutritional quality. People concerned with their health are beginning to view seaweed as a more favorable item to include in their diets.
Kelp is one type of seaweed loaded with nutrients and essential vitamins. The kelp benefits are many, but those people who have problems with their thyroid should consult a doctor before eating kelp because it is so high in iodine.
Below are five good reasons why eating seaweed is good for your health.
1. Weight Loss – Today, many nutritional experts are looking at seaweed as an option for weight loss. Seaweed improves the function of the thyroid gland which increases the production of thyroxine. When thyroxine is produced, the metabolic rate in the body rises. Consequently, this improves digestion, and the body will begin to lose excess weight.
2. Purity – Most foods we consume are terrestrial in origin, but after several years of farming, which now uses synthetic chemicals, the quality of the soil has degraded. The foods we eat that come from the land are not as nutritional as they once were. In this case, the flora in the sea is a much more adequate option for seeking quality nourishment.
3. Helping Our Immune System – It is important to have a good immune system because it keeps our body functioning at maximum levels. Our immune system makes sure that our body is free of diseases and illnesses that come from pathogenic attacks. Seaweed has the perfect combination of nutrients to help strengthen our immune system. This keeps health problems at a minimum. Consequently, people who eat seaweed tend to be healthier than people versus those who do not eat it.
4. Improved Vision – Seaweed is rich in vitamin A which is produced by beta carotene. This vitamin is great for the eye health. With regular consumption of seaweed, people are able to maintain optimal vision and take better care of their eyes.
5. Cosmetic Benefits – Seaweed acts as a cosmetic enhancer. Seaweed has a good combination of minerals and amino acids that help strengthen the hair and scalp. Seaweed also contains biotin that is connected with healthy hair. The beta carotene in the plant helps maintain collagen at higher levels which reduces scars and markings on the skin. Seaweed is so potent that it has been used as a supplement for age reversal.
As you can see, the benefits of consuming seaweed are plenty!
Connect with Enlightened Lotus Wellness
- 5 Seaweeds That Enrich Your Diet and The Most Convenient, Tasty Way to Enjoy Them! (healthyhighway.wordpress.com)
- Seaweed… The Super Food of Tomorrow (omtimes.com)
- Dinner time! (honeyclover91.wordpress.com)
- Call for more seaweed (fijitimes.com)
- I’ll Send an SOS to the World! (bloggerheadseaturtle.wordpress.com)
- The benefits of edible seaweed (mariana126.wordpress.com)
- Immune-boosting Foods You’ll Love (everydayfamily.com)
- Pregnancy Nutrition Guide (everydayfamily.com)