Being a highly unorganized person may be a disorder, commonly referred to as chronically disorganized, that can affect a person’s entire life if they do not seek help. It is a condition that you do not recover from overtime and that may actually worsen. A chronically disorganized person usually has a history of disorganization; he or she undermines their quality of life and expects to continue the disorganization going forward. To get past this condition, help may be required for a short amount of time and possibly on an ongoing basis.
A chronically disorganized person commonly possesses five traits:
1. They are usually highly intelligent and even gifted individuals. This type of person can be quite difficult to recognize as they are excellent at masking their issues. The chronic disorganization tends to emerge later in life and as their lives become more demanding and complicated, it becomes easier to recognize.
2. They have a creative flair and extremely creative personalities. They express an interest in almost everything which leads to a lack of focus and not using their time wisely. They are constantly looking for better ways which results in continual changes and not following through with plans in place. Orderliness and routines get dull and boring and they are quick to get themselves out of such situations.
3. They are most likely to be dominated by the right side of their brain. They are usually considered dreamers, artists, and musicians and their strengths lie in the more creative areas. They require a lot of color in their everyday activities and likewise, in their lives. They like to keep material things out in the open and this can lead to an out of sight, out of mind view of thinking that results in a right-brained person creating piles and disorganization.
4. Chronically disorganized individuals are highly likely to have many varying interests. They usually have a hard time sticking to one thing because they have a tendency to get bored and must move to something else for mental stimulation and excitement. This varying interest results in a lack of commitment to schedule and structure and to organization.
5. They are most likely to have a very unhealthy emotional attachment to items. They tend to place utmost importance on material possessions that they develop a strong emotional attachment to items. This leads to their inability to discard those items that are not needed and makes it difficult to organize.
- 5 Tips For Dealing With An Unorganized Spouse (howtolearn.com)
- Effects of early attachment on adult attachment and adult self-soothing (udini.proquest.com)
- I’m So Unorganized…….. (daphnepropst.wordpress.com)
- Organizing Myth #3: It’s Genetic! (monicaricci.net)
- Study: Infiniti Has Highest Emotional Attachment Among Auto Brands (wot.motortrend.com)