Are You Aware of the Dangers of Soda?
The above video released today by the Center for Science in the Public Interest, takes on Big Soda and exposes the health risks of sugary soda, the press release explains,
The Center for Science in the Public Interest is escalating its longstanding campaign to reduce the consumption of soda and other sugary drinks today with the release of an animated short film exposing the drinks’ unhappy health consequences.
The Real Bears tells the story of a family of polar bears who, even in their distant Arctic environment, are not immune from sunny marketing messages from Big Soda. The whole family is consuming too much soda… and is experiencing everything from weight gain to tooth decay to problems in the bedroom. Only after recuperating from a terrifying visit to Doc Fox’s chilly surgical suite does Pop Bear come to realize that soda has brought nothing but sadness to his family. In the film’s stirring dénouement, he leads his family to reclaim their health—and their happiness.
I hope you enjoy the video which shows the real dangers of too many sugary beverages. If you would like more information on health risks associated with sweetened beverages, take a look at my previous post, Wellness Challenge #2 Cut out Sweetened Beverages.
As always if you have questions, I am here to help!
Don’t forget to enter to win a personal wellness package!
- Sucrose-sweetened beverages linked to obesity (foodconsumer.org)
- Does Soda Cause Gout? (everydayhealth.com)
- New soft-drink machines to post calories (wvgazette.com)
- Healthy Kids, Healthy Teeth: Children’s Care FAQ (topdentists.com)
- Is Diet Soda Making You Gain Weight? (everydayhealth.com)
- Investigation dampens Monster’s energy buzz (seattlepi.com)