If you would like a healthy alternative to the popular frozen breakfast waffles, our whole wheat pancakes recipe is for you. My favorite feature of this recipe is that it freezes well and is a great breakfast for the mornings when you are pressed for time.
Whole Wheat Pancakes
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. unrefined sea salt
2 cups milk
2 tbsp. grapeseed oil
1/2 tbsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. ground coriander seed
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
Stir together whole wheat flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside
In a separate bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients until well blended; add to dry ingredients
Stir mixture until blended, batter may be lumpy
Cook in a preheated pan, I add 1 Tbsp. coconut oil but only initially, I do not add anymore.
Cook pancakes until bubbles form and edges start to dry. Flip and cook until lightly browned.
Serve with pure maple syrup or raw honey, accompanied by fresh fruit for a healthy start to the day.
- If you are new to using whole wheat flour, you may want to use 1 cup unbleached white flour and 1 cup whole wheat flour until you have adjusted to the taste of the wheat flour
- I like to make this on the weekend and freeze what we don’t eat for quick breakfasts during the week
- To Freeze: Let pancakes cool for at least 1 hour before freezing, Freeze in air-tight container for up to 1 month
- To Heat Frozen Pancakes: Heat in microwave in 30 second increments until heated through; flip pancakes after every 30 seconds
Total fat 8.0 g
Saturated fat 2.0
Trans fat 0.0
Total Carbs 36.8
Vitamin A 5%
I love to hear your feedback, leave a comment! Or if you would like to message me directly, please use the form below
Connect with Enlightened Lotus Wellness
- Oatmeal and Wheat Flour Blueberry Pancakes [Intro to Cooking] (collegecandy.com)
- Peach pancakes (saffronandhoney.com)
- foodie friday: yogurt blueberry pancakes (lyndeej.wordpress.com)
- A recipe for bindaetteok, aka Korean mung bean pancake (chicagoreader.com)
- Whole-Wheat Zucchini Pancakes (arcsfoodparadise.com)